Standing out in a crowded market
How we helped a large e-commerce platform attract more customers with insight-driven branding.
Our client, a large e-commerce platform with a strong presence in Germany, wanted to find new customers and re-engage old customers who’d gone off the radar.
But, due to fierce competition and high levels of brand saturation, this was no easy task.
Using market research and their own DMP, the client had identified a range of target groups with different profiles and interests. But they needed to know how to reach them with the right creative to drive more sales.
They came to us to see if we could build a customised video ad solution that could display individual creative messaging based on an interactive product feed based on the different preferences of different target groups.
We took a three-pronged approach to tackling this issue.
- Shoppable video: We created an interactive video using data from their dynamic product feed to show off all the daily offers. The Vertical Video,
specially tailored for mobile devices, depicted the important Customer Touchpoint on mobile.
- Cross device: We needed to move across devices seamlessly, following up the high-impact brand messaging on desktop with sequential direct response retargeting on mobile.
- User segmentation: We wanted to deliver the ads within the target group but still reach large numbers of customers, so we used both highly-targeted one-to-one ads as well as broad contextual targeting. We also used 3rd party e-commerce data to make sure we reached users with similar interests to the customers already identified within the client’s DMP.
But that alone wasn’t enough. We fuelled the digital creative with intelligence, building a real-time GPS enabled format that was served to consumers when they were near a location, showing them a map of how to get there.
- The engagement with the targeted videos was very strong, with a VTR (view-through rate) of 65%+, proving that audiences were into the creative we were showing them.
- We delivered 250k impressions every day during the campaign – even more impressive during the highly competitive 4th quarter – and managed to address all the target groups.
- We added an additional retargeting element to the campaign that pushed a 25% increase in CTR (click-through rate and a 4% increase in VTR.
Check more client success stories
OTT Show creates awareness with MiQ DCO
Standing out in a crowded market
Get your fix
Boosting NFL Game Pass subscriptions
Getting close to B2B decision makers
How we helped identify and target a niche B2B audience with smarter programmatic strategies
Sending Big Tobacco up in smoke
How we helped San Francisco Kids ban the sale of candy-flavoured tobacco using smart programmatic strategies.
Catching the lunch crowd
How we drove a 45% uplift in in-store visits for Subway
Making the most of macro-trends
How we helped CMC Markets align their programmatic marketing with stock price movement.
How we helped Scandlines get more predictable revenue by increasing their digital conversions
Taking gaming insights to the next level
How we helped an international gaming company target their ideal customers.
From underdog to mayor
How we helped Lori Lightfoot become the mayor of Chicago with smarter programmatic strategies.
Not all conversions are created equal
How MiQ Performance Marketing helped a major retailer drive more conversions for less budget.
How MiQ Advanced TV helped Boost Mobile connect their TV and digital strategies to drive online conversions.